OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates is a national civil rights organization dedicated to advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of all Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. OCA is seeking a Development Associate to work closely with the OCA Executive Director in Washington, DC to support a comprehensive development program that includes individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
· Work closely with the Executive Director to execute funding goals, programs, and plans.
· Support relationships with sponsors and funders through effective verbal and written communication.
· Support strategies to grow and sustain relationships with funders.
· Conduct research on funding opportunities.
· Work closely with program staff to support grant proposals.
· Work with communications to create compelling development documents, including outreach, thank you letters, and fundraising appeals.
· Assist with special events including the National Asian Pacific American Corporate Achievement Awards and OCA's National Convention.
· Passion for Asian American and Pacific Islander issues
· Ability to tell a compelling story
· Fearlessness in asking for support
· Team player and self-starter attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, health care, vision, employer subsidized dental and transit, and employer matching Simple IRA.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Thu Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of service animal, military or veteran status.