OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates is a national civil rights organization dedicated to advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of all Asian Pacific Americans. OCA’s national office in Washington, DC, is seeking an Associate Director of Development to work closely with the Executive Director and OCA’s Executive Council to build and expand a comprehensive development program including individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
· Work closely with the Executive Director and Executive Council to execute funding development goals, programs, and plans.
· Identify, cultivate, and manage relationships with individual major gifts, corporate sponsors, and foundation funders through effective verbal and written communication.
· Plan, implement, and integrate retention and cultivation strategies to grow and sustain relationships with funders, providing a diversity of giving options for donors.
· Conduct and/or manage research on funding opportunities.
· Work closely with program staff to write and submit a substantial number of grant proposals annually.
· Create and mail compelling development documents, including outreach, thank you letters, and fundraising appeals.
· Oversee the acknowledgement of all charitable donations and ensure efficient and effective stewardship of all donors.
· Assist with special events including the National Asian Pacific American Corporate Achievement Awards and OCA's National Convention.
· Deep understanding and passion for Asian American and Pacific Islander issues
· Team player and self-starter attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
· Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook)
· Working experience in development preferred
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, health care, vision, employer subsidized dental and transit, and employer matching Simple IRA.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com by June 7, 2019.
OCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not and will not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, use of service animal, military or veteran status.