What is the purpose of the internship?
- The purpose of OCA's internship program is to cultivate future leadership for the Asian Pacific American (APA) community by providing opportunities to work in the public sector and learn about issues affecting APAs.
Who can apply for the internship?
- OCA's internships are open to undergraduate students and recent undergraduates (up to 1-year after completion of undergraduate term) of all identities with an interest in Asian Pacific American issues.
What materials do I need to apply?
- To apply, fill out our online application. We also ask for a letter of recommendation, resume, and academic transcript (unofficial transcripts are accepted).
Where and when can I submit my letter of recommendation?
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted either through our online application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant's full name in the subject line.
- For the Summer season, letters must be submitted by March 19 (one week after the application deadline) in order for applicants to be accepted.
Can I apply if I was an OCA intern previously?
- No. In order to serve as many students as possible our internships are not open to OCA intern alumni.
I am a starting college as a freshman this fall, can I apply for the Internship program?
- We require all applicants to have already begun their freshman year to be eligible for our Internship program.
Are internships paid?
- Interns will receive a living stipend of $2500 given out in 3 installments throughout their internship.
Can I receive academic credit for the internship?
What is the time commitment for an internship?
- Internships are full-time (40 hours a week) and typically last for 10 weeks.
- Part time internships are offered on request outside of the Summer season.
What dates are the 2018 internships?
Winter: January 15 - March 23 (Application Deadline November 27, 2017)
Spring: March 19 - May 25 (Application Deadline February 2, 2018)
Summer: June 11 - August 17 (Application Deadline March 12, 2018)
Where are the internships based?
- All of our internships are based in Washington, D.C.
Is housing provided?
- OCA cannot provide housing directly, however, interns will be provided resources and guidance in finding their own housing.