What is the purpose of the internship?
- The purpose of OCA's internship program is to cultivate future leadership for the Asian Pacific American (APA) community by providing opportunities to work in the public sector and learn about issues affecting APAs.
Who can apply for the internship?
- OCA's internships are open to undergraduate students and recent undergraduates (up to 1-year after completion of undergraduate term) of all identities with an interest in Asian Pacific American issues.
What materials do I need to apply?
- To apply, fill out our online application. We also ask for a letter of recommendation, resume, and academic transcript (unofficial transcripts are accepted).
Can I apply if I was an OCA intern previously?
- No. In order to serve as many APAs as possible our internships are not open to OCA intern alumni.
Are internships paid?
- Interns will receive a living stipend of $2500 given out in 3 installments throughout their internship.
Can I receive academic credit for the internship?
What is the time commitment for an internship?
- Internships are full-time (40 hours a week) and typically last for 10 weeks.
Where are the internships based?
- All of our internships are based in Washington, D.C.
Is housing provided?
- OCA cannot provide housing directly, however, interns will be provided resources and guidance in finding their own housing.