Gold Mountain Scholarship FAQ
What is the purpose of the Gold Mountain Scholarship?
- The purpose of OCA's Gold Mountain Scholarship is to provide more Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) high school students with more financial support and access to higher education.
Who is eligible to apply to the scholarship?
- The Gold Mountain Scholarship is open to all AAPI high school seniors who have been admitted to a college or university and plan to attend in Fall 2018. Applicants must be the first in their family to attend an institution of higher learning. In order to be eligible, applicants must have a Social Security number or an employment number.
Is there a minimum GPA requirement for the scholarship?
- Although GPA is a consideration, there is no minimum requirement in order to be eligible to apply.
What materials do I need to apply?
- We require that all applicants fill out our online application which includes three short essays, an academic transcript, and two references.
How much is the scholarship amount?
- Up to fifteen 2018 Gold Mountain Scholars will receive an award of $2,000.
Where will the scholarship be sent?
- Successful applicants will receive a check directly via USPS.
How can the scholarship funding be spent?
- Successful applicants can choose how they use their scholarship funding. However, we suggest it be used towards tuition-specific purposes (i.e. tuition, books, computer, etc).
What is the deadline to apply?
- The deadline to apply for the scholarship is Monday, April 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
Where else can I look for further scholarship opportunities?
Any additional questions can be directed to Andrew Lo at
email@example.com or (202)223-5500x118