OCA Chapter Internship Grant
The OCA Chapter Internship is a national program that provides a $2,500 grant to OCA local chapters in order to provide Asian American and Pacific Islander students with leadership and professional experience. In order to be eligible for the grant chapters must meet the following requirements:
- Good standing with tax-exempt status
- Have submitted membership dues within the last 6 months
- Has to have a dedicated supervisor for intern during intern work hours
- Has to have attended a NBM within the last year
- Has to have attended National Convention within the last 3 years
- No outstanding invoices from OCA National
- Must currently be enrolled in a university/college
- Interest in AAPI advocacy and issues preferred, though not required
Program Dates and Duration:
Chapters have flexibility in the date and duration of their internship program. OCA National staff can work with the local chapter on designing program that best suits the needs of the chapter and students. Typically internships span 10 weeks.
Deadline to apply is Monday, October 28, 2019.
Deadline to submit the name of the prospective intern is Sunday, December 1, 2019.
For any questions please email the Program Associate, Kent Tong, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.223.5500 ext. 118.