OCA to Hold Anti-Hate Rally at California State Capitol
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Who: OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates co-sponsored by the Sacramento Regional Coalition for Tolerance and OCA – Greater Sacramento Chapter
What: OCA ANTI-HATE RALLY
When: Friday August 4th, 2017
Where: North Steps of California State Capitol
10th and L St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
Why: In conjunction with its National Convention, OCA rallies in solidarity of marginalized communities in order to raise awareness of the continued rise in hate crimes against AAPIs and encourage action and support amongst communities to fight for fair and equal treatment.
Confirmed speakers at the rally include:
· Basim Elkarra, CAIR
· Richard Hernandez, The Rainbow Chamber
· Susan McKee, Chief of Staff, Sacramento Supervisor Patrick Kennedy
· JACL – Florin
· Emilia Rose, OCA – Sacramento Speak and Lead Program, Bullying Victim
· Amar Shergill, Shergill Law Firm
· Bobbie Singh-Allen, Elk Grove Unified School District Trustee
· Sharon M. Wong, OCA National President
· Susie Wong, Sacramento Regional Coalition for Tolerance
· Darrell Woo, Sacramento City Unifiead School District Board Member
Media Contact: Thu Nguyen | OCA National Communications Associate
713.518.3245 | firstname.lastname@example.org
About OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates
OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates is a pan-Asian membership driven national civil rights organization for all Asian Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) and aspiring Americans. OCA Advocates is a non-profit, non-partisan organization, dedicated to advancing the social, political and economic well-being of AAPIs in the United States.