Would you like to attend a training? Register by clicking here to see if a training is located near you!
The trainings are held on Saturdays from 8:30AM to 5:00PM. Breakfast and lunch will be provided for students who register. Bring a notepad and pen for taking notes. All other materials will be provided for you. We understand your schedules are busy, so we respect your decision to leave. However, please be respectful of those who are staying by stepping out at an appropriate time and informing staff or facilitators about your needing to leave early. Please be respectful of those who choose to share personal /private stories. This will help ensure a safe environment.If you are disruptive during the training, OCA reserves the right to ask you to leave.
Would you like to bring this amazing program to your campus? Click here to apply to host the training on your campus!
Apply to bring this exciting leadership training to your campus. All are welcome to apply. We encourage new schools to take advantage.
Students will develop knowledge about Asian Pacific Islander American (APIA) issues and become empowered in their communities.·Create networks and meet other APIAs in the region. Strengthen APIA awareness on campus with students, staff and faculty members.
- Publicize, outreach and recruit student participants
- Securing venue and technical equipment if needed
- Provide recommendations for local catering, restaurants and hotels
- Assist in coordinating logistics (registration, schedule, food & venue)
- Participate in conference calls with OCA staff and/or facilitators
- Assist students that cannot afford travel or lodging expenses (optional)
Thank you to the generous sponsorship of
Like APIA U Leadership Training on Facebook!