|Sacramento Wins OCA 2008 Chapter of the YearFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
12 August 2008
Sarah Smith | OCA Communications Manager
202 223 5500 | email@example.com
Every year, guests to the OCA National Convention anticipate finding out who will receive Chapter Excellence Awards at the Chapter Awards Luncheon. This year was no exception, with finalists spanning from Long Island to Seattle, and all in between. The 2008 Winner of the Chapter of the Year was presented to the Sacramento Chapter.
Chapter Excellence Awards are given to OCA chapters with outstanding performance in Membership, Communications, Projects and Programs, Community Involvement, and Economic Development. The Chapter of the Year Award is given to the chapter that is best represented in all five categories.
Emcee for the 2008 event was acclaimed news correspondent Joie Chen, with greetings from OCA National President Ginny Gong and Allstate Capital Agent Joanne Wang. The keynote speaker was Jennie Chin Hansen, current president of the AARP. Hansen is the first Asian Pacific American to named AARP President.
Awards presented are as followed:
- Chapter Excellence Award for Membership-OCA San Mateo
- Chapter Excellence Award for Communications-OCA Central Illinois
- Chapter Excellence Award for Projects and Programs-OCA Greater Seattle
- Chapter Excellence Award for Community Involvement-OCA South Florida
- Chapter Excellence Award for Economic Development- OCA-Westchester/Hudson Valley
- Third Place Chapter of the Year- OCA-New York, OCA-Central Illinois and OCA-Long Island
- Second Place Chapter of the Year- OCA-Westchester/Hudson Valley, OCA-Greater Houston
- Special Achievement Chapter of the Year-OCA-New Jersey and OCA-Hawaii
- Chapter of the Year-OCA Sacramento