Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (AA&NHPI) are the fastest growing minority group in the country with projections of population growth to 40 million by 2050. With nearly two-thirds of Asian Americans are foreign born, immigration is a key issue to the APA community.
OCA is in strong support of common sense immigration reform that includes the following principles:
- A broad and simple process that provides a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrations.
- Supports the full integration of immigrants and refugees
- Improves and strengthens avenues and protections for immigrant workers and their families to live and work in the country.
- Ensures the due process rights of all people through reforms in detention and deportation
- Reunites and keeps families together, including same-sex households.