OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates, a national
membership-driven organization dedicated to advancing the social, political,
and economic well-being of Asian Pacific Americans, is proud to join the
Following the Thanksgiving Holiday, Black Friday, and Cyber
Monday, #GivingTuesday is a national movement that aims to inspire advocates
across the country to spend and give with a purpose, improving their local
communities and creating a better world. OCA is partnering with the
#GivingTuesday movement in an effort to educate the APA community on the
organization’s work as well as to celebrate the great American tradition of
Here are some great reasons to give to OCA on #GivingTuesday:
- Each and every gift is used to improve the APA community.
- OCA is committed to empowering the next generation of APA's, giving out $50,000 in scholarships, providing 30 internship opportunities in Washington, DC, and brought the APIA U: Leadership Training to 12 campuses across the country in 2013 alone.
- APAs continue to face the highest rate of bullying inside and outside the classroom. OCA works everyday to prevent bullying, hazing, and harassment in schools, the workplace, and the military.
- As the fastest growing demographic in the United States, APAs continue to need a voice in Washington, DC on immigration, healthcare, affirmative action, and voter rights. OCA is that voice.
- The Civil Rights Fellowship, a cornerstone of OCA's advocacy work, is 100% funded by members, chapters, and supporters.
OCA is asking for your support on #GivingTuesday because we
are committed to empowering the next generation of APA leaders. Here’s how you
Make a one-time gift online at our website HERE
- Become a monthly sustainer and receive exclusive benefits HERE
- Mail a check to the OCA National Center at 1322 18th
Street NW, Washington DC 20036
- Tweet, post and blog about #GivingTuesday and why you give
with a purpose
Finally, make sure that you like us on Facebook and follow
us on Twitter to stay up to date on the most recent advocacy issues, programs,
more information regarding the #GivingTuesday movement, visit the
#GivingTuesday website at www.givingtuesday.org
or follow the #GivingTuesday hashtag on Twitter.