On Location for Advocacy
National Convention College Student Registration Scholarship
For a limited time only, OCA-Asian Pacific American Advocates is giving out Full College Student Registration Scholarships to deserving college students who have been strong contributors within their communities. This scholarship provides the opportunity to attend OCA’s National Convention as we celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the OCA Internship Program! The OCA National Convention will be held on August 7 – 10, 2014 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
The Full College Student Registration Package Includes Over $800 Worth of Meals and Programs:
- Entry to All Meal Events: Thursday Night Welcome Reception, Friday Night Event: A Night at the Chinese American Museum, Youth Luncheon, Chapter of the Year Luncheon, and Saturday Evening Gala Awards.
- Access to special performances and entertainment.
- Attendance to Workshops, Panel Sessions, and the Exhibit Hall.
- Networking opportunities with students, professionals, community activists, and Asian Pacific American (APA) leaders from all around the nation.
Note: The National Convention College Student Registration Scholarship only pertains to college students participating in the College Tracks and does NOT include lodging or travel. The OCA National Center can provide students with hotel rebates and can connect them with other College Student Registration Scholarship Recipients.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- A current good standing OCA Member (Click here to be a member! $10 for student membership).
- Enrolled as a college student. Recent graduates (up to 1 year) accepted.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the College Track Thursday and Friday, August 7th-August 8th for full convention access.
Not a member? Become a Youth member today! At only $10 you can become a full year member and qualify for the Full College Student Registration Scholarship.
In order to apply for this scholarship, please fill out the preliminary scholarship application form below and respond to the two prompts through video submission by the application deadline Sunday July 13th; 11PM PST.
All entries should be no more than 1 minute per question. For questions, please contact Daniel Hoddinott, Intern, Programs and Constituent Development at the OCA National Center at email@example.com. National Convention College Scholarship Recipients will be notified a week after the scholarship application deadline has closed.
- Tell us about yourself and how would attending the OCA National Convention benefit you?
- What does Youth Power mean to you and how can it shape (y)our future?
You won’t want to miss out on this incredible opportunity to be inspired, empowered, and engaged with APA members from all across the country.
*OCA holds the right to use and show video submissions for marketing and program purposes.