Anti-Bullying Poster Contest
The National Asian American Pacific Islander Mental Health Association (NAAPIMHA), East Coast Asian American Student Union (ECAASU), National APIA Panhellenic Association (NAPA), and OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates invite you to submit original artwork for the Friends DO Make A Difference campaign. The intent of the campaign is to raise awareness around bullying issues among Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders. We encourage you to create a poster that incorporates your experience and understanding of bullying and anti-bullying. If selected, the poster will become the face of the 2015 Friends DO Make A Difference campaign.
We firmly believe in the healing power of art. It helps us tell our stories, express our pain, and share our hopes. Your poster can reflect any of these perspectives. When you submit your artwork please write a brief statement about what your poster means to you. If selected it will be made into posters and shared with college campuses and communities throughout the country.
1. Must be an original work
2. Must relate to anti-bullying
3. Limit to ONE submission per artist
4. Poster size must not exceed 11” x 17”
5. Plagiarized material will be disqualified
1. Open to anyone over the age of 16
2. No background in art required
3. Living in the United States
• 1st Place - $100 gift card. You will receive a free trip to Washington, D.C. to attend our May 2015 event. Your poster will be the face of the 2015 Friends DO Make a Difference campaign.
• 2nd Place - $50 gift card. Your poster will be featured at our May 2015 event in Washington, D.C.
• 3rd Place - $30 gift card. Your poster will be featured at our May 2015 event in Washington, D.C.
• 4th Place and 5th Place - Your posters will be featured at our May 2015 event in Washington, D.C.