2015 OCA National Convention
Unsung Heroes Award Nomination Form
Unifying Asian Pacific Islander America
Hilton Union Square | San Francisco, California
July 2 - 5, 2015
- All OCA Chapters who are current on membership dues according to the roster maintained in the YourMembership database are eligible to nominate one of their own Chapter members for this award;
- The nomination is officially submitted by the Chapter President;
- The nominee must also be a member in good standing and had paid his/her membership dues for 2014 and 2015;
- The nominee has not been a National Board Chapter representative or Chapter President in the last five (5) years;
- Contributions and work being recognized are only for the period of January 1st to December 31st, 2014. Any information from other years included in the application will not be considered.
- Nominee unselfishly shared their time and expertise no matter how insignificant the task;
- Nominee has not received any public recognition from the Chapter or from external organizations for their contributions in the year 2014;
- Nominee has not purposely or actively sought out public recognition;
- Nominee has served at a leadership position within the community;
- Nominee has showcased a consistent track record of volunteering;
- Nominee has attended and participated in the Chapter events;
- Nominee has attended and participated in the OCA National events.
- Write in 750 words or less why the individual is being nominated for the 2015 Unsung Hero Awards. Please respond to each of the above criteria listed. These are the only parameters nominees will be judged on. In this context, provide specific examples illustrating how the nominee has contributed to the Community and the Chapter. Please include contributions from 2014 ONLY and not from other years.
- Include a headshot photo of nominee (digital format only)
- Include a nominee biography of 500 words or less.
- Applications for nominations must be emailed or postmarked by Friday, March 20th, 2015.
- A selection committee will select four (4) winners.
- Winners will be announced by Monday, May 4th, 2015.
- Winners will receive a package trip to the 2015 OCA National Convention in San Francisco, CA, to be held from July 2-5, 2015. This includes transportation, hotel, and convention registration for one.
- Winners will be recognized at the 2015 OCA National Convention during the Gala Awards.
- Chapters are encouraged to honor the OCA Unsung Hero recipients at their major Chapter events (i.e. General Membership Banquet, End-of-Year Celebration, etc.)
*Important: Please review all criteria prior to submitting this form. For all questions, please contact Janet Namkung at JNamkung@ocanational.org*