ACTION ALERT:Call Congress and Urge them to Pass Common Sense Immigration Reform
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
ACTION ALERT: Call Congress and Urge them to Pass Common Sense Immigration Reform
OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates, a national membership driven organization dedicated to advancing the social, political, and economic well-being of APAs, encourages its members, constituents, and advocates across the country to call their elected officials and urge them to pass common sense immigration reform. Such action is crucial in fixing a broken immigration system that has separated millions of Asian Pacific Islander families for decades and forced others to hide in the shadows. It is time for us to stand up for families now! Call your elected officials today and demand following be included in immigration legislation:
- Concrete solutions to addressing the visa backlog and reuniting families by allowing individuals to bring their children, siblings, and immediate family members to the United States, including same-sex households.
- A commitment to due process of rights of all people in the United States.
- The creation of a broad and simple process that provides a path to
citizenship for undocumented immigrants, including young people and
- The improvement of protections of immigrant workers and their families.
- Inclusion of immigrants in basic health and social services that United States citizens receive.
It is highly recommended that residents in states whose Senators are a
part of the "Gang of 8” and the Senate Judiciary Committee (AL, AZ, CA,
CO, CT, FL, IL, MN, NJ, NY, RI, SC, TX, UT, and VT) participate in this
call to action. To find your representative’s contact information by zip
code, click HERE.