OCA Business Advisory Council
"The BAC is an increasingly valuable resource to corporations and the communities in which these companies do business. The BAC member partnerships that are developed through support of programs benefiting Americans of Asian descent also create opportunities for companies to gain deeper access to diverse global markets.”
- David L. Kim, Former BAC Chair
Where business and community bridge hearts and minds
Founded in 1980, the OCA’s Business Advisory Council (BAC) is a vital link between OCA and the business community, providing financial, professional, and corporate guidance to the organization.
Comprised of key representatives from Fortune 500 companies located around the country, the BAC’s objectives are:
- To foster principles of diversity and opportunities for Asian Pacific Americans (APAs);
- To nurture business opportunities that are mutually beneficial to OCA and BAC members;
- To promote and increase the awareness of APA culture and issues; and
- To advise OCA on strategies to enhance its organizational and operational effectiveness.
Benefits of joining the BAC
Business partners benefit from an array of personal, professional and community development opportunities through their involvement in the BAC. They collaborate with other talented and outstanding business and community partners on projects that will enhance your company‘s reputation and have a far-reaching impact of the communities it serves. There are many other reasons to become a BAC partner:
- it allows you and your organization to share our vision and strong belief in equity;
- it demonstrates your commitment to diversity in the workplace;
- it provides an opportunity to forge relationships with other corporate representatives who share your interest in the Asian market;
- you help OCA identify and provide opportunities for qualified APAs on college campuses nationwide;
- it publicly demonstrates your corporation's commitment to OCA and the APA community; and
- it’s a sign of good business practice.
BAC and OCA working together
BAC members are loyal supporters of OCA’s annual events such as the National Asian Pacific American Corporate Achievement Awards, which celebrates the accomplishments of APAs in the corporate sector, and the OCA National Convention.
BAC members also contribute to OCA in many other meaningful ways. Through their respective corporate and community foundations, OCA’s corporate partners have supported worthwhile endeavors such as scholarship and internship programs, leadership development for youth, special outreach and education programs, and various innovative community projects.
New Member Form and Application Package - Download (Word, size 40KB)
"The BAC is another example of OCA's strategic partnerships. Its members share OCA's commitment to civic responsibility and diversity. The BAC's association with a national Pan Asian American organization provides the corporations with valuable knowledge and insight into the APA community's issues and needs. It's a win-win for OCA and the BAC."
- Ginny Gong, OCA Past National President
2013 BAC MEMBERS
Avon Products Inc.
The Boeing Company
The Coca-Cola Company
Ford Motor Company
General Motors Corporation
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
Kraft Foods Group
MGM Resorts International
Shell Oil Company
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
State Farm Insurance
The TJX Companies, Inc.
Waste Management, Inc.
Wells Fargo & Co.
Yum! Brands, Inc.